1. Hamburgh M, Lynn E, Weiss EB. Analysis of the influences of thyroid hormone on prenatal and postnatal maturation of the rat. Anatom. Rec. 1964; 150:147-161.
2. Segal MS, Weiss EB. The treatment of respiratory insufficiency. Med. Times 1967; 95:185-195.
3. Segal MS, Weiss EB. Current concepts in the management of the patient with Status Asthmaticus. In: Medical Clinics of North America 1967; 51:373-389.
4. Weiss EB, Dulfano MJ. Controlled ventilation with IPPB in the management of acute ventilatory failure associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Ann Intern Med. 1967;67:556-567.
5. Weiss EB, Earnest DL, Greally JF. Goodpasture's syndrome--case report with emphasis on pulmonary physiology. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1968; 97:444-450.
6. Weiss EB, Dulfano MJ. The quantitative acid base dynamics in chronic pulmonary disease: Defense of pH during acute respiratory acidosis superimposed upon chronic hypercapnia. Ann Intern Med. 1968; 69:263-272.
7. Chodosh S, Weiss EB, Segal MS. Chronic bronchitis. In: Conn, eds. Current Diagnosis, 1968; 151-154.
8. Weiss EB, Chodosh S, Segal MS. Chronic diffuse emphysema. In: Conn, eds. Current Diagnosis, 1968; 154-158.
9. Weiss EB, Faling LJ. Clinical significance of PaCO2 during status asthma: The cross-over point. Ann Allergy 1968; 26:545-551.
10. Weiss EB, Faling LJ, Brooks SM, Mintz S, Chodosh S, Segal MS. Bronchial asthma: Current concepts in pathophysiology and management of the patient with advanced and status asthma. In: eds. Modern Treatment 1969; 6:278-330
11. Weiss EB, Faling LJ, Brooks S, Mintz S, Chodosh S, Segal MS. Acute respiratory failure in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease--pathophysiology and treatment. Disease of the Month. 1969; 1-58. (Part 1, Part 2)
12. Faling LJ, Weiss EB, Chodosh S, Segal MS. The preoperative management of patients with bronchial asthma. Hahnneman Symposium. 1969; 108-119.
13. Weiss, EB, Sewall,D. pH of intravenous solutions. N.E.J.M. 1969; 280: 902.
14. Weiss, EB. Acute respiratory failure in respiratory disease. ICU #10. 1970. 8-9.
15. Weiss EB, Cohen ML, Monaco MD. Successful management of Pneumocystis Carinii and Nocardia asteroids in a renal transplant patient. Am J Med. 1971; 50:269-276.
16. Segal MS, Weiss EB. Rectal aminophylline blood levels with concentrated solutions. Ann Allergy 1971; 29:135-138.
17. Weiss EB, Slawsky P, Desforges J. Oxyhemoglobin affinity in chronic granulomatosis (Sarcoidosis) and fibrosis. Am Rev Respir Dis 1971; 104:694-702.
18. Cohen ML, Weiss EB. Pneuomcystis carinii pneumonia: Percutaneous lung biopsy and review of literature. Chest 1971; 60:195-199.
19. Brooks S, Mintz S, Weiss EB. Pattern of responses to bronchodilators in patients with bronchial asthma. J Lab Clin Invest. 1972; 79:262-276.
20. Brooks S, Mintz S, Weiss EB. The changes occurring after freon inhalation. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1972; 105:64-643.
21. Weiss EB, Carlson C.J. Recording of breath sounds. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1972; 105:835-839.
22. Weiss EB, Desforges J. Oxyhemoglobin affinity in bronchial asthma: Chronic stable state, acute and status asthmaticus. Chest 1972; 62:709-716.
23. Weiss EB. Bronchial Asthma. CIBA Clinical Symposium. 1975; 27:1:2:1-72.
24. Weiss EB, Anderson WH, O'Brian KP. The effect of a local anesthetic, lidocaine, on guinea pig trachealis muscle in vitro. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1975; 112:393-400.
25. Weiss EB, Anderson WH, O'Brien KP. Effects of lidocaine on trachealis smooth muscle in vitro. ASCI-AFCR-AAP. 1975; p. 335
26. Weiss EB, Segal MS. Bronchial Asthma: Mechanisms and Therapeutics. Little, Brown and Company, Boston, 1976. First Edition.
27. Weiss EB Status Astmaticus Chapter in citation 25.
28. Weiss EB, Patwardhan AV. The response to lidocaine in bronchial asthma. Chest 1977; 72:429-438.
29. Hargraves WA, Weiss EB. Effect of histamine on the length-tension properties of g9inea pig trachealis muscle. Respir Physiol. 1977; 29:211-224.
30. Weiss EB, Hargraves WA, Viswanath SG. The inhibitory action of lidocaine in anaphylaxis. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1978; 117:859-869.
31. Weiss EB. Status Asthmaticus. Baltimore, University Park Press, 1978
32. Fortier NL, Snyder LM, Paler J, Weiss EB. Effect of propranolol on normal human erythrocytes. J Lab Clin Med. 1977; 89:41-50.
33. Weiss EB, Viswanath SG. Calcium hypersensitivity in airway smooth muscle: isometric tension responses following anaphylaxis. Respir. 1979; 38:266-272.
34. Weiss, EB. Bronchial Asthma. In Netter,, Frank H, editor: The CIBA Collection of Medical Illustrations, The Respiratory System. 1979; 7:119-135.
35. Weiss, E.B. Anatomy Plates. CIBA Collection of Medical Illustrations, The Respiratory System. Pages 22-23.
36. Janower ML, Weiss EB. Mycoplasma, Viral and Rickettsial pneumonia's. Seminars in Roentgenology 1980; 15:25-34.
37. Weiss EB, Markowicz J, Barbero L. Effect of calcium antagonists in experimental asthma. Allergy 1982; 37:513-519.
38. Weiss EB, Barbero L. Calcium homeostasis in asthma. Chest 1983; 83:834.
39. Weiss EB, Mullick PC. Leukotriene effect in airways smooth muscle: calcium dependency and verapamil inhibition. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Medicine 1983; 12:53-66.
40. Weiss EB, Segal MS, Stein M. Editors. Bronchial Asthma: Mechanisms and Therapeutics. 2nd ed. Boston: 1985.
41. Weiss, EB, et al. Calcium and its role in the asthma process. In Bronchial Asthma: Mechanisms and Therapeutics. 2nd ed. Boston: Pages 776-791, 1985.
42. Weiss EB. Status Asthmaticus. In Bronchial Asthma: Mechanisms and Therapeutics. 2nd ed. Boston:Pages 808- 842, 1985.
43. Weiss EB, Bellino JR. Leukotriene-associated toxic oxygen metabolites induced airways hyperactivity. Chest 1986; 89:709-716.
44. Weiss EB. Toxic oxygen products alter calcium homeostasis in an asthma model. J Allergy Clin Immun 1985; 75:692-697.
45. Weiss EB, Bellino JR. Superoxide anion generation during airway anaphylaxis. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immun 1986; 80:211-213.
46. Devore-Carter D, Morway PF, Weiss EB. Isolation and characterization of guinea pig tracheal smooth cells that retain differentiated function in long-term subculture. Cell Tissue Res. 1988; 251:325-331.
47. Weiss EB. Clubbing. In: Clinical Medicine, H. Green, editor, 1991,
48. Weiss EB. Clubbing. In: Clinical Medicine, H. Green, editor, Second edition, 1996.
49. Weiss EB. Stein M. Editors. Bronchial Asthma: Mechanisms and Therapeutics, Little Brown and Co. 3rd Edition 1993. 1259 pages
50. WeIss, EB. et al. Calcium, Calcium Antagonists, and Oxyradicals. In Bronchial Asthma: Mechanisms and Therapeutics, Little Brown and Co. 3rd Edition 1993. Pages 945-971.
51. WeIss, EB. Status Asthmaticus. In Bronchial Asthma: Mechanisms and Therapeutics, Little Brown and Co. 3rd Edition 1993. Pages 985-1016.
52. Williams, AJ, Weiss, EB et al. Status Asthmaticus. Acute Care 1988; 14-25: 208 – 228.
Abstracts and Letters
53. Weiss EB, Dulfano MJ, Chodosh S, Blickman J, Stein M. The radiographic features of early chronic bronchitis. Am. Col. Chest Physicians International Symp., 1971;
54. Weiss EB. Bactericidal action of ozone: Application to respiratory sterilization. Am. Coll Chest Physicians International Symposium, 1971.
55. Weiss EB, Synder LM, Fortier N. The effect of propranolol and calcium on human erythrocytes. 15th International Society of Hematology, Jerusalem, Israel, September 1974;
56. Weiss EB, Anderson WH, O'Brian KP. Effect of lidocaine on trachealis smooth muscle in vitro. Clin. Res. 1975; 23:353A.
57. Weiss, EB, Faling, LJ. Comparison of acute smoke inhalation in non-firemen and in firemen. Am. Rev. Resp. Dis. 121: #4. 174, April 1980.
58. Weiss EB. Effect of anaphylactic mediators, acetylcholine and ß-adrenergic blockage upon calcium hypersensitivity in airway smooth muscle. Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 1980; 121:101.
59. Weiss EB. The mechanism of lidocaine contraction and relaxation in tracheal smooth muscle. Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 1980; 121:102.
60. Faling LJ, Weiss EB. Studies of acute smoke inhalation. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1980; 121:102.
61. Pathwardhan AV, Kendall RL, Weiss EB. Prophylactic post-operative tracheal intubation in chronic obstructive airways disease. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1980; 121:#4, 174.
62. Weiss, E.B., Raheja AK,. The significance of fever in acute exacerbation's of chronic obstructive airways disease. Am. Rev. Resp. Dis. 1981; 123:#4.
63. Weiss EB, Marckowicz J. Inhibition of anaphylaxis in airways smooth muscle by the calcium channel drugs verapamil and nifedipine. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1981; 123:#4.
64. Weiss, EB. Calcium homeostasis in asthma. Letter. Chest 1983. 83;834.
65. Weiss EB, Bellino FR. Interaction of leukotriene D4 and superoxide anion induce airways hyperreactivity. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1985; 131:A2.
66. Weiss EB. Airways hyperreactivity induced by interaction of LTD4 and superoxide anion. XIV Interasthma Congress, Angers, France, 1986.
67. Weiss, EB. Role of calcium in airway reactivity and asthma. (letter) J. Allergy & Clin. Immun. 1990:86, 274.
68. Weiss, EB and Cudgell, D. AUDIOGRAPHIC SERIES- INTRODUCTION TO BREATH SOUNDS TAPE. American College of Chest Physicians, VOLUME 12. 1975 Chicago, Illinois
Respiratory Sounds Used with
Here are some medical-related sounds that we looked at with the spectrum analyzer. The first seven are from the `Introduction to Breath Sounds' cassette tape by David W. Cugell, M.D. and Earle B. Weiss M.D. Also included is a graphic of each sound spectra similiar to that as seen by the Spectrum Analyzer, and it's corresponding waveform.
Select one of the sounds below:
69. Weiss EB. In pursuit of Pneumocystis Carinii. Chest 1973; 64:547-549.
1. Bronchial Asthma, Mechanisms and Therapeutics. Three editions 1976, 1985, 1993. Little Brown and Co,
2. Status Asthmaticus. 1978 University Park Press
3. Acute Respiratory Failure in COPD. 1969